Taylor School Corporation Re Entry Rationale
We are pleased at Taylor Community School Corporation to inform students, parents, staff, and community that our plan is to resume face-face instruction. However, for any student with underlying health issues or, if a parent does not feel comfortable, they may do online instruction at home. Please know the goal will be to have students work their way back to in person instruction.
Administrators and teachers have been working for weeks on a TCSC Re-entry plan due to Covid-19 pandemic. It is the vision and mission of TCSC to provide a safe learning environment for students and staff. Our district continues to work with the Howard County Health Department, school lawyer, property and casualty insurance company, and the Indiana Department of Education on TCSC Re-entry plan.Here are some of the re-entry policies that need to be followed:
- No changes to the district calendar
- Fall break October 19th-23rd will be E Learning Pre-K through 12.
- November 25th, Wednesday, will be E Learning Pre-K through 12.
- Discontinue any perfect attendance guidelines or policies.
- Provide time for students and staff to clean appropriately for hygiene.
- Parents should follow the Howard County Health Department Checklist before sending students to school.
- Any student or staff member with a temperature of 100.4 will be sent home.
- Students and staff should be fever-free for (72) hours before coming back to school.
- Encourage alternative modes of transportation
- Assigned seating for students on buses and classrooms.
- Masks are required on buses and in hallways due to not being able to social distance..
- Masks in the classroom are optional for students and staff.
- Requiring the student desk to meet social distancing recommendations for spacing.
- Restrict visitors and guests in our buildings.
- The District has developed a plan for cleaning procedures for buses, classrooms, and buildings.
Superintendent of Schools
Taylor Community School Corporation
Kokomo, Indiana 46902
See the full plan here